The NAIDOC Cup is for selected Indigenous footballers aged 13 to 16 to represent Northern NSW Football against Indigenous teams from Football NSW.
The NAIDOC Cup coincides with NAIDOC Week, a national week held in July that celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The first NAIDOC Cup was held in 2022 on Awabakal land at the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility.
2023 NAIDOC Cup
After success in 2022, the NAIDOC Cup is back in 2023 with more opportunities to get involved.
More than 120 First Nations players aged between 13 and 16 will converge on Valentine Sports Park for the second annual NAIDOC Cup in July.
- Dates: Monday 3 July to Wednesday 5 July 2023
- Location: Valentine Sports Park
- Cost: $100 per player
Player fee of $100 covers the below expenses:
- Participation in the tournament games & activities
- On and off field apparel
- Accommodation for players
- Breakfast and Dinner whilst at the tournament
- Bus travel from Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility to and from Valentine Sports Park
Northern NSW Football 3 (Larissa Ryan 3)
Football NSW 4 (Tataya Curry-Jones 3, Dianna Bloxsome)
Northern NSW Football 0
Football NSW 10 (Fidel Lucas Hawke 3, Obinna Nwamadi 2, Lucas Turk 2, Brayden Connors, Anthony Melissari, Jacob Fakhoury)
Football NSW win 2022 NAIDOC Cup