Football Australia/AFC 'B' Diploma
The Football Australia/AFC ‘B’ Diploma focuses on the technical - tactical aspect of teaching players how to use the techniques in a small, sided game, to score and how to prevent goals when the opponents have the ball.
Who is it for?
The ‘B’ Diploma is for coaches of Top Amateur, Elite Youth and State Teams who hold the Football Australia/ AFC ‘C’ Diploma or have a recognised accepted UEFA ‘C’ or AFC ‘C’ Diploma after completing Form 9.
This course is open to Coaches 18 years of age and older focusing on the 11 v 11 aspects of the game candidates will be able to analyse football and apply the Football Australia Vision and Philosophy in the Game Training Model.
It is recommended that participating Coaches have held their 'C' Diploma for a minimum of 12 months.
Time and cost
- 9 days
How do I register for a B Diploma course?
How much does a B Diploma cost?
When does payment need to be made?
Payment by coaches needs to be made in full via credit card only at the time of registering through the Football Australia Learning Centre portal.
How long does the course take?
- Self-Directed Online Learning: 36 hours
- In-Person On Course Learning: 84 hours
- Total: 120 hours
Is there an assessment?
Yes. Coaches are required to complete the following:
- Complete a live assessment on course.
- Complete a journal from course commencement through to the end of the course, with this being submitted within 30 days from the last in-person day of the course.
Are there any prerequisites to attend?
Yes. Coaches must hold the following.
- Coaches must have a valid Working With Children Check.
- Coaches must have completed a C Diploma (previously known as a C Licence) and have held the C Diploma (C Licence) for a minimum of 12 months.
How long does my accreditation last?
B Diploma accreditation is valid for a period of 4 years. However, coaches can extend this accreditation period by attending workshops where they receive points.