Football Australia Foundation of Football and 'C' Diploma
Foundation of Football
- You will participate in practical sessions covering the basics of techniques as well as learning about basic playing principles of the game. The course is mostly practical and not graded, allowing the student to participate in the training sessions if they so choose. The course also promotes participating in group discussions with the goal of exchanging experiences.
- The Foundation of Football is a prerequisite for the 'C' Diploma.
- The course is designed to provide a logical connection to the Foundation of Football Certificate covering in greater detail:
- The technical aspects of the game, including teaching the basics of passing, receiving, and dribbling with the ball, as well as defending strategies;
- The principles of coaching and comprehension of the principles of play; and
- Around the concept of teaching behaviour using various sorts of practice methods
Who is it for?
- Aimed at coaches working with advanced beginner to competent level players or players aged approximately 12 years of age and above.
Time and cost
After following the relevant register here link below this will redirect you to the new Football Australia etrainu site. Once you have been redirected to this page coaches are to follow the learner link which will ask you to log in using your PlayFootball details.
- Foundation of Football + 'C' Diploma Speers Point #1 - 27/28 January and 3/4/10 February 2024 - REGISTER HERE
- Foundation of Football + 'C' Diploma Speers Point #2 - 2/3/4/10/11 February 2024 - REGISTER HERE
- Foundation of Football + 'C' Diploma Byron Bay - 8/9/10/16/17 March 2024 - REGISTER HERE
To register your interest to participate in a C-Diploma course, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the Part 2 Senior and Youth choices?
In mid-2021 changes were made by Football Australia to advanced courses and their structure. The C Diploma had the most significant change with the course no longer broken into parts and merging into one singular structure.
How do I register for a C Diploma course?
How much does a Foundation of Football + C Diploma cost?
The full price of the C Diploma is $1,050.00
When does payment need to be made?
Payment by coaches needs to be made in full via credit card only at the time of registering through the Football Australia Learning Centre portal.
How long does the course take?
A general outline is given below:
- Self-Directed Online Learning: 19 hours
- In-Person On Course Learning: 41 hours
- Total: 60 hours
What happens if I can’t attend one of the days?
100% attendance is required. Please ensure you have closely checked your availability for each day given on the website or through the Football Australia Learning Centre. If there are unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from attending a particular day, you will have to attend that day on another course.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Yes. Coaches must have a valid Working With Children Check.
How long does my accreditation last?
C Diploma accreditation is valid for a period of three years. During the re-accreditation period, coaches will need to accrue a total of 100 points, which can be gained through Coaching Conferences, CPD Coaching Workshops, Registration in PlayFootball or attending a Football Australia/AFC ‘B’ Diploma.